Local Merchants of Colorado
2153 South Wabash Street
Denver, CO 80231
Position: Senior Accountant
This is a full-time assignment to enforce accurate financial reporting processes including establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures and controls to support business operations.
Position Reports To: Accounting Manager in NYC
About Local Merchants of Colorado
Local Merchants of Colorado is a fast growing wine and spirits distributor located in Denver, CO.
- Direct Junior Accountant and oversee staff on all local financial matters.
- Manage credit and collection activities to ensure efficient processing of Accounts Receivable.
- Supervise Accounts Payable functions including daily payments, reconciliation of vendor accounts, accurate vouching of vendor invoices, and filing of invoices, credit memos, charge backs and vendor correspondence.
- Maintain daily cash transactions and submissions including daily sales, collections, AR roll forward reports and borrowing requests.
- Control use of cash and update cash flow model.
- Close and maintain Colorado general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Reconcile bank account, AR, AP, and other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provide accurate timely lender submissions.
- Insure monthly beverage excise taxes are filed with state and sales rep commission / incentive payments are calculated and provided to Human Resources for payroll.
- Provide financial, operational and productivity reporting including budgets and forecasts
- Manage the local aspect of bank and external audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA would be preferred.
- 10+ years of general ledger experience
- Proficient closing the books on month-end / year-end basis
- Strong GAAP foundation in accounting practices, procedures and standard concepts
- Proficient in Excel, including the use of pivot tables, vlookups, if and other advanced excel formulas
- Experienced accounting software user on a leading ERP system, experience with Apprise is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with corporate and senior management
- Wine & Spirits industry experience a huge plus